GSCCC Retail Shops Move to Online-Only
Beginning December 23, 2016
GSCCC Online Fall Catalog
After a multi-year review of the dollars and cents it takes GSCCC to operate our brick-and-mortar retail shops, the conclusion is that it makes much more sense to move all shopping online, effectively allowing the council to use resources wisely and discontinue the annual losses for that operation.
Since 2012, our customers are showing a significant increase in online shopping due to 24/7 access, mobile device usage and direct-delivery convenience among other benefits.
Moving to an all online shopping experience for Girl Scout basics and merchandise falls right in line with Digital Cookie, the council’s new mobile-friendly website, and the new online Volunteer Toolkit coming in January – making it easier for you to volunteer your time and serve girls.
Benefits to Shopping GSCCC Online
- Your Online Purchase Supports GSCCC! As members, when you shop online, our council receives revenue-share from GSUSA based on the member ZIP Code.
- 24/7 Shopping Access – Ready when you need to shop without the drive.
- Complete Virtual Catalog of Merchandise – More items and sizes available; GSCCC council shops carry limited inventory.
- Direct Delivery to your Doorstep -Also, FREE shipping promotions are held several times throughout the year.
- Additional GSUSA Promotions and Special Offers.
Patches & Awards, etc.
- GSCCC Branded Merchandise –
- GSCCC is working to identify a licensed online vendor for you to directly purchase council sweatshirts, tees, hats and other apparel/goods which include the council servicemark.
- Program Participation Patches will be distributed via the GSCCC Program Department during program events.
- GSUSA online shop provides Fun Patches, and GSCCC will provide online catalog resources via council communications.
GSCCC shop inventory in Castroville and Ventura will be available at ‘moving-to-online’ reduced prices while supplies last (excludes uniform basics and pins).
- No refunds or returns after October 19, nor during the moving-to-online sales.
- No email or fax orders will be accepted after November 3, 2016.
Regular Shop Hours thru December 22, 2016 – Final Day of Operation:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: Hours on the Online Shop homepage are currently being updated to reflect the hours above.
Special ‘Moving-to-Online’ Sale Dates:
All sales are final.
GSCCC Service Center Support
The council will continue to provide assistance to ensure in-person and phone support at our Service Centers:
- Customer Care Phone/Email Support – Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: 800-822-2427 or email@example.com
- A set of sample uniform basics to try-on for sizing will be available at each council Service Center. See www.girlscoutsccc.org/locations for hours; some centers open by appointment.
With advance payment, we will be able to provide ordering assistance for those without credit cards at our Service Centers.