With the changing of the seasons comes tricks, treats…and Girl Scout Fall Products! The 2019 Fall Product Program officially kicked off on September 27th, and our girls are ready to get going! This is the perfect time for Girl Scouts to earn startup funds for the new Girl Scout membership year by reaching out to friends and family, asking for their support through the purchase of nuts, chocolates, and magazines. Through this program activity, girls develop five key skills they will use throughout their lives: goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics.
Where Does the $ Go?
When you purchase Girl Scout Cookies and Fall Product, you directly benefit over 8,800 local Girl Scouts along California’s Central Coast through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE). The GSLE is a collection of engaging, challenging, and fun activities that include earning badges, taking trips, exploring science, getting outdoors, and doing community service projects.
Through the Fall Product Program, Girl Scout troops earn funds for their activities and community projects, while the council’s proceeds support events, programs, volunteer training, camps, and facilities, plus the financial assistance that keeps Girl Scouting available and affordable for all!
New troop? No problem! The Fall Product Program is the perfect opportunity for troops to kick-off the Girl Scout year with a fun team-building activity that also generates essential funds to support troop activities. Rather than having to wait for the cookie sale in the winter, troops can earn startup money that they can use to enjoy new and exciting opportunities right away. By purchasing Fall Product, you could be supplying a troop with the uniforms and materials they need for a successful year!
Let’s Hear It from the Girls!
With your support and their ambition, Girl Scouts can accomplish anything! We asked some of our top sellers from the 2018 Fall Product Program what they were able to accomplish with their proceeds, and their answers covered everything from troop trips to service projects! Here are some of our favorites:
“Since becoming a top seller I have learned the value of money and how to responsibly budget my earnings. I will be able to buy my own brownie uniform since I bridge next week! Some of the fun activities I’ve been able to do are seeing the new Dumbo movie and going to the Girl Scouts Day at dodger stadium.” – Sienna Callaway (2nd grade, Ventura County)
“I love that the fall sales help us raise funds to help others during the holidays, our troop has bought Christmas pajamas and books for kids in the past and also toys, treats and food for animals at the humane society.” – Lillian Reed (7th grade, Santa Barbara County)
“I’m usually very shy but the sale has helped me work on talking to people in person! My goals started small, but I am a bit competitive and always striving to do my best. This year I plan to use my proceeds from the program to go rock climbing and take more camping trips with my troop!” – Haily Weber (2nd grade, Santa Cruz)
Nuts, Chocolates, and Magazines…Oh, My!
If you were searching for the perfect holiday gift for your friends, family, neighbors, or coworkers, look no further! Consumers can find a plethora of available products, including Butter Toffee Peanuts, Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels, and so much more. Try out our brand new product, dark chocolate malted milk balls with sea salt! Product prices range from $6.00 – $11.00. You can also find your favorite magazine subscriptions to publications such as Good Housekeeping, Time, People, Parents, and more.
Whether you’re craving something salty or sweet, we’ve got the perfect treat for you! If you’re purchasing directly from a Girl Scout, here are some of the tasty options to choose from:
- Honey Roasted Peanuts – Roasted & salted peanuts with honey.
- Peanut Butter Monkeys – Peanut butter covered with milk chocolate.
- Chocolate Covered Raisins – Raisins covered in chocolate.
- Honey BBQ Snack Mix – Peanuts, cashews, almonds, pepitas & sesame sticks coated in smoky honey BBQ spices.
- Butter Toffee Peanuts – Crunchy & sweet sugar-coated peanuts.
- (BEST SELLER) Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels – Caramel enrobed in dark chocolate with sea salt.
- English Butter Toffee – Butter toffee covered in milk chocolate with crushed almonds.
- (NEW) Dark Chocolate Malted Milk Balls with Sea Salt – Dark chocolate malted milk balls with sea salt.
- Chocolate Covered Almonds – Almonds smothered in milk chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds – Almonds in dark chocolate with sugar & sea salt.
- (STAFF FAVORITE) Madagascar Vanilla & Honey Almonds – Almonds with honey & vanilla.
- Whole Cashews – Gourmet cashews roasted & lightly salted.
- Winter Wishes Tin with Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Pretzels covered in chocolate.
- Snowman Tin with Peppermint Bark Rounds – White milk chocolate with crushed peppermint candy on top of dark chocolate.
- Girl Scout Tin with Milk Chocolate Mint Trefoils – Trefoil-shaped milk chocolates with mint centers.
You can find even more options online via direct ship, including Spicy Cajun Mix, Peppermint Holiday Mix, Pecan Supremes, and Dulce Daises! Ask a Girl Scout near you for more information!
Community members that are interested in supporting local Girl Scouts but don’t want the extra sweets may also opt to donate products to members of the military, first responders, etc. through the Care to Share Donation Program. This virtual sale is a way for girls to sell cookies, or nuts and candy, as a service project without having to handle the actual products. This program benefits Girl Scout troops and council while supporting the patriotic campaign care packages sent to members of the armed forces serving overseas. Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast is partnering with various organizations to provide products to include in these patriotic mailings. You can donate virtually via either online donation or when Girl Scouts are selling directly.
For more information on the Fall Product Program or to find out how to support, visit: www.girlscoutsccc.org/fallproductprogram.