PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD
The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) recognizes individuals, families and groups that have achieved the required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period, or, for the Lifetime Award, more than 4,000 cumulative service hours over a lifetime.
All PVSA service hours must be verified by a Certifying Organization. Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast is a certifying organization for the PVSA and can certify hours for the entire family.
To designate GSCCC as your Certifying Organization and to record your hours, visit the PVSA website and:
- register as a volunteer: http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/volunteer
- list GSCCC’s Record of Service (ROS) key in the designated field: APV-6328.
- record your hours directly in the PVSA site.
Our program year is October 1 to September 30. Deadline to enter hours for the 2017/18 membership year is October 31. All earned awards will be ordered beginning of November for previous program year.
To learn more about the PVSA, visit: http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
PRUDENTIAL SPIRIT OF COMMUNITY AWARD
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States’ largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service.
To be eligible, you must:
- be in grades 5-12 as of November 6
- be a legal resident of any U.S. state or Washington, D.C.
- have engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred during the 12 months prior to the date of the application
- submit a completed application to a school or the head of an official designated local organization
- Local Honoreesreceive a Certificate of Achievement from their schools or organization.
- Distinguished Finalists receive an engraved bronze medallion, and other state-level runners-up receive Certificates of Excellence.
- State Honoreesreceive an award of $1,000, an engraved silver medallion, and an all-expense-paid trip with a parent or guardian to Washington, D.C., for national recognition events.
- National Honorees receive an additional award of $5,000, an engraved gold medallion, a trophy for their schools or nominating organizations, and a $5,000 grant from The Prudential Foundation for a nonprofit charitable organization of their choice.
Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast is an official designated organization. For more information and to apply, visit:
Application deadline: November 6, 2018
Thank you for volunteering!