With the New Year fast approaching, what better way to kick off 2019 than giving your kindergartener or first grader the gift of Girl Scouts? For Daisies, everything is new and exciting – from planting a garden in their communities to putting on a skit with their troop – and the energy is contagious! The sooner your girl begins to realize the power in her potential, the sooner she’ll know that no matter how young or small she might think she is, there’s nothing she can’t accomplish.
As a Daisy Girl Scout, your girl will:
- Make new friends as part of a troop.
- Earn petals and badges while trying new things and learning a ton.
- Make a difference in her community through a leadership Journey as she learns to stand up for what she believes in.
- Sell cookies (and have a lot of fun doing it) as she learns how to work in teams, share her ideas, and plan to meet her goals.
- Explore nature and the outdoors, learning to appreciate and care for the environment while reaping the benefits of less screen time and more “me” time.
With Girl Scouts, your girl will practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace challenges like a risk-taker, and show empathy like a leader. In our all-girl, girl-led, and girl-friendly environment where she can feel free to let her full G.I.R.L.™ potential shine through.
Each of our Journey series allows girls to explore new things, connect with friends and their communities, and make a difference in the world. Together with their troops, Daisies will identify a problem, come up with a creative solution that will make a difference, create a team plan to make their solution a reality, put the plan into action, and talk about what they learned and what they’ll do next.
It doesn’t end there! Research shows that Girl Scouts also develop a strong sense of self, display positive values, seek challenges and learn from setbacks, form and maintain healthy relationships, and learn to identify and solve problems in their communities.
Let her start the new year by proudly adding that first petal to her vest. Join our one-of-a-kind, girl-led programming, and sign her up for a lifetime of leadership today!