There’s a certain time of year that brings excitement to the masses – Girl Scout cookie season. While cookie-lovers everywhere stock up on Thin Mints and Peanut Butter Patties, Girl Scouts are gaining valuable life experience that spans well beyond their booths.
The Girl Scout Cookie Program is built around five skills: goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics. When you make a Girl Scout cookie purchase, you are helping the next generation of G.I.R.L.s (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ learn what it takes to be successful. You’re also supporting the largest girl-led entrepreneurial program in the world!
Girls set goals for the season and create strategies to meet them, setting them up for success in school, their future careers, and in life. They choose when and where to sell cookies, how to market their sale, and what to do with their earnings. They learn the same financial literacy that will one day be applied to their paychecks through developing a budget and handling customer’s money. They learn how to talk to their customers with confidence and to their team members with care. They act honestly and responsibly during every step of their sale, instilling them with the skills that businesses need in their employees and the world needs in their leaders!
Every year Girl Scouts use their cookie earnings to do amazing things in their communities and beyond. From community service projects and exploring the outdoors at camp, to S.T.E.M. activities and trips they’ll never forget, they learn that they can (and will!) accomplish any goal they set their minds to.
Meet the Cookies
With another cookie season we welcome back fan-favorites like Thin Mints, as well as new additions including the Gluten-Free Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Starting on January 26th you can begin placing orders with Girl Scouts, and Cookie Booth Sales will occur from February 1st through March 10th. All cookies are $5 a box.
- Girl Scout S’mores – Crispy graham cookie double dipped in yummy crème icing and finished with a scrumptious chocolatey coating.
- Thin Mints – Crispy chocolate wafers dipped in a mint chocolaty coating.
- Caramel deLites – Vanilla cookies topped with caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and laced with chocolaty stripes.
- Peanut Butter Patties – Crispy vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating.
- Shortbread – Traditional shortbread cookies.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich – Crisp and crunchy oatmeal cookies with creamy peanut butter filling.
- Lemonades – Savory slices of shortbread with a refreshingly tangy lemon flavored icing.
- Thanks-A-Lot – Shortbread cookies dipped in rich fudge and topped with an embossed thank-you message in one of five languages.
- Gluten-Free Caramel Chocolate Chip – Rich caramel, semisweet chocolate chips, and a hint of sea salt in a chewy cookie.
Now, with Cookie Finder, girls can do more, learn more, and have more fun than ever before – all while giving cookie customers more ways to support them and their goals. Find a cookie booth near you.
If you are looking for a way to support your local Girl Scout troops without stocking up on cookies yourself, consider donating to Care to Share! Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast partners with various organizations to provide cookies to include in care packages that are sent to members of the armed forces serving overseas. You can donate cookies virtually, or when Girl Scouts are selling directly.
Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast currently has a growing membership of over 10,000 girls and over 5,600 adult volunteers across six counties who are the heartbeat of our council. We are committed to making Girl Scouting available to girls in ways that impact their lives both in the moment and into the future.
Help girls achieve their biggest, boldest dreams and support a Girl Scout this cookie season! Visit https://www.girlscoutsccc.org/cookies to learn more!